Thursday, August 1, 2013

CVS: Cheap Band-Aids and FREE First Aid Case


Buy 3 select first aid items at CVS this week and get a FREE case to put them in PLUS $5 ECBs! Target and Walgreens also offer a free case with 3 first aid items. But this deal at CVS is better. Why?

Free coupons worth $15 inside the case! Be warned, however, that you will need to do some treasure hunting. Many of these cases don't have the coupon booklets. If you do find one, you'll get another surprise. There is a coupon for $5 off 3 select First Aid items.

So, this is the transaction I did:
Buy 3 Band-Aids, $3.79 each
Buy First Aid Kit Case
Use $5 off 3 coupon inside the case
Pay $6.79, Get $5 ECBs
=$1.37 for 4 items or $0.34 each!

COUPON ETHICS: How would you handle this?
The packaging on case says that it includes a $15 coupon booklet. I have no problem using the $5 off 3 coupon that is in the case, since I am getting it anyway. I look at it like I'm using a "peelie" coupon. Also, the coupon booklet does not say "Good for next purchase". However, I would not take one from other cases I am not getting. Whoever gets the bag owns that coupon booklet. It is part of their purchase.

Do you have qualms about using coupons from a package to pay for that said package (or in this situation, to use for the other items in the transaction- the bandages)? If so, use the $0.50 Band-Aid coupons in the 7/28 SS. Then next time CVS has this deal again, use the higher value coupon booklet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.